News tagged ‘Samsung’
It is Sunday today, so I believe you want to take a look at the most popular posts of the past seven days. Let’s not waste time and discuss all the interesting topics.
According to the latest reports from reliable sources, Samsung is currently in talks with LoopPay, a company, which has recently developed a new payments method to launch Apple Pay competitor in 2015. This method uses a technology different from NFC utilized in Google Wallet or Apple Pay and that is an advantage, I guess, as not all the smartphones on the market can boast of the support of NFC.
According to the latest statistics from Google, Apple’s iPhone 6 has topped the rating of the most popular and trending tech searches of 2014. Moreover, the long-anticipated Apple Watch has managed to get the eighth spot and the iPad Air - the tenth place of the same rating published by the search giant.
It is Sunday again, which means that I’m ready to tell you about the most interesting articles of the past seven days. Let’s not waste time and take a look at them right now.
According to the latest report from Korea's ET News, Samsung has already begun the production of the next-generation A9 chips for Apple’s 2015 devices. As noted by people familiar with the matter, the manufacturing process is currently on its active phase at Samsung’s Austin, Texas plant.
According to the latest rumors shared by reliable sources, iPhone 6 rivals are currently seeing delays in production of 64-bit Snapdragon processors. These processors should power to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One M9 and LG G4, however, the manufacturer has recently encountered a number of serious problems that make it impossible for the CPU to hit the market in the near future.
According to the latest reports from supply chain insiders, Apple has recently decided to make Samsung one of its major hardware suppliers. I'm now talking not only about the chips for next generations of iPhones and iPads. As noted by BusinessKorea, the guys from Cupertino plan to use Samsung as a primary components manufacturer for the long-anticipated Apple Watch as well. This indicates that Apple will soon once again become extremely dependent on its market rival from South Korea.
It is Sunday today, so you're probably waiting for our traditional roundup of the most interesting posts of the past seven days. Let's take a look at them right now.
Looks like the concept of the smartwatch is much older than we all have thought. According to the video, which I managed to find on 9to5Mac this morning, back in 2001, IBM created a kind of smartwatch with small black-and-white display with touch input and something very similar to Apple's Digital Crown. The video is available below, so take a look and tell me what you think.
According to the latest report from The Korea Times, Apple has made Samsung its primary chip supplier. 80% of orders for 14-nanometer processors will go to the South-Korean manufacturer starting 2016. As to the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), it will get the remaining 20% of orders, which is also pretty good for this firm.
It is Sunday today, which means I should tell you about the most interesting stories of the past seven days. Let’s take a look at them right now.
At the annual two-day Mobile Pwn2Own conference held earlier this week by HP, several groups of developers managed to find a number of bugs in iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms and successfully hacked Apple's iPhone 5s, Samsung's Galaxy S5, Google's Nexus 5, Microsoft's Nokia Lumia 1520 and Amazon's Fire Phone. What I find interesting is that the hackers were able to get full control over all of the handsets except for one. You will never guess, which device turned out to be the most reliable.
According to the latest report from Digitimes, both Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) are currently struggling to get the rights to manufacture the next-generation Apple A9 chip, which will reportedly be used to power company's iPhones and iPads next year. The guys from Cupertino will choose the primary supplier by the end of 2014, the reporters claim.
According to the latest reports from J.D Power and IDC, Apple currently remains world's top tablet manufacturer with 22.8% market share and 12.3 million iPad units shipped in the third quarter of this year. Still, the researchers claim that Apple's tablet sales are weaker than in the year-ago quarter. The manufacturers of the lower-cost tablets, for example, Lenovo or RCA, saw a noticeable increase in sales in 2014 and that means that more and more people prefer cheaper, but pretty efficient and reliable Android devices to hi-end and expensive iOS products.
A research firm IDC has today released a report on global smartphone sales in the third quarter of 2014. According to this report, world's smartphone market grew 25% if to compare this year's results to those of the third quarter of 2013.